Saturday, July 31, 2010

Bubbles.... Bubbles... Bubbles...

So a couple of weeks ago a friend gave me some sourdough bread starter....  YAY!!




..............................Or so I thought
I have to tell you that my only experience with starters has been the famous sweet Amish Friendship bread starter..... Yes, I know I too lost a few friends of the "sharing" of that starter.... :~)   And here, I was wanting to try it again.  This starter was different... No sugar.  (insert frown/ I just don't get it look here)  But I did what I was told to do.... Yea, Well that didn't work out so well..... After a little bit of research I now know, I should have kept going and it would have been fine... (oops, shoulder shrug here)   So Now, I'm on a mission! Yes, a sourdough mission! I did start once again that famous Amish bread starter.... 

And I've tried a few different bread recipes that were NOT a quick bread, I have to say everything turned out yummy.... Note here I didn't say pretty.  Just wish now I would have filmed them after they were finished cooking and before the family consumed it all....... oops again... still learning.


I can't wait to see what else I come up with.  Also can't wait for my 100+ year old starter comes in the mail.

Until next time,

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment