Friday, July 23, 2010

The Week of canning.

First let me apologize for being so quiet the last few days. My goal was to post at least every other day... ** insert quiet giggle here**  If you know me, then you also know that my intentions are always good. But the need of Prioritizing takes precedence, In other words my list of things to do MUST without exceptions have check marks! 


So you have heard about the Brown Apple Tree... Then you'd known that I have received quit a few bags of green apples. I have also picked my small but might peach tree.... And really needing to thin out my pear trees!  ** insert frantic scream here**


But first things first. To dig out all those empty jars and hoping there will be enough!  






Then washin' all those nasty jars!!  This in itself was a full days work. (next time they will go into plastic containers with plastic lids.








Prepping all that fruit!  And trust me when I say it was all hands on deck. The kids loved it and only one walked away will a little scrape. 




 ....and the finished product so far is canned apples in a light syurp and apple butter.  The kids are loving that the pantry is filling up with yummy fruit..... and so am I!
Till next time.


Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment