Saturday, July 17, 2010

In Loving Memory of the Brown Apple tree

Received a call this evening from a friend.... "Amy would you like some apples?"   {ummm, Sure}  "They are still green but my apple tree split....."   You get the picture right?

 It's a sad day for The Brown Apple tree indeed!  But let me just say to you, this was one HUGE tree! And it was L~O~A~D~E~D with apples. We're blessed with wonderful friends that are willing to share their apples. But I must say, I am sadden at the untimely death of the Brown Apple tree.


Now onto business! What to do with all the apples! Candied apples, apple butter, apple sauce, pie filling, apple cider, perhaps some apple cider vinegar. Who knows, I might think of a few more things to make from the apples between now and then.... I guess we'll have to wait and see.


Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment