Monday, August 2, 2010

Sourdough Waffles

Sourdough Waffles................
Yes, My sourdough adventure continues! Today, I made sourdough waffles.   Pictured above is 1/4 of the batter that I made.... :~) Who on earth would have thought that 4 cups of starter would have made so much batter.   8~}  .... It's okay to laugh.... I now have about a million waffles in the freezer for future breakfasts.  (and my kids think I'm the greatest not to mention the cost was roughly a bag of flour... pretty good deal if you ask me)  
 It did take a little night before prep work, but was well worth the effort.
The recipe I used was one I found on the internet... 1847 Oregon Trail (free) SOURDOUGH STARTER By Carl (Recipe)  It was so yum-A-lishous that there is no need to modify the recipe! 

The first few batches, I filled a little to full.... So I have a huge mess now to clean up.  
But, it was sooooo worth it! 


Don't forget to check out Carl Griffith's Oregon Trail Starter. He has an awesome story and they will send out the starter for cost of shipping.  I've already mailed off for mine ;~) 

Until Next Time,

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment