Sunday, August 8, 2010

Mint!!!

So the other day, I was checking out my rapidly growing spearmint plant and orange peppermint plant.  And thought what in the world am I going to do with all this!!??

 And it hit me....... I could add some of that mint to my food processor and then add sugar let it sit and infuse (I know its a big word! repeat after me in~fuse, good job!) THEN I can add it to whatever recipe I'd like to have a *hint* of mint.  So I did just that!
I know I'm not the first to come up with this idea but Hey, I came up with it this day! That must count for something..... right?


The day I made all of this I was really concerned that it wasn't going to come out like I'd hoped... the mint had a strong unpleasant smell.... But I proceeded. Today, I opened up the jar and I'm telling you I heard angles singing!  Then my mind was racing... pear jam with mint.... strawberry mint jam.... tea with mint... sweet breads with mint sugar!

So that brings me to the next step... YOU! Put your thinking caps and and tell me your ideas!  What else can I do with mint?

No comments:

Post a Comment