Monday, August 30, 2010

School is now in session

YEP! School is now in session.  We started back a couple weeks ago... half load. Which means they are only doing  half of their normal work.  WHY?  You ask... Simple its easier on ME!  yes, thats right if I ease my children into doing school work then I am easing them into this new routine that will soon mark the end to summer and school will once again consume our lives.  Besides easing them into school means that I don't have mentally exhausted children that become cranky lil' angels with their halos wrapped tightly around their necks!  So far this new system is working like a charm! **insert wink here**  


So last night we had dinner with my BFF and she asks questions .... love her by the way! Anyway, she asked how the new education laws affected us with the homeschooling.... My answer was GREAT! "Ummm, what new laws?" She proceeded to explain to me that public schools have extended their school days. (my answer again Pure Genius!)  'REALLY?'  all the while thinking not very nice thoughts but keeping them totally to myself.... and no I'm not going to share them here either! I left there thinking about that question and  have decided this... We home school for multiple reasons one of which they can work at their own pace be it fast or slow. I will not sacrifice my child's brains to boredom nor to overwhelmingness, Period end of story! But, as always my heart goes out to all public school teachers may peace be with you.

Until Next Time,

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment