Monday, October 25, 2010

Our 'New' Classroom

This last week was a busy week .... 
I spent my time making an old bedroom into our 'New' classroom 
On Monday I wrote in my journal...
"This week I am going to turn Taylor's old bedroom into our new classroom, I should be finished with it by Wednesday"
Okay, Yes, My husband it right! ((See I said it!))
I do think that I have 48 hours in 24
and 14 days in a 7 day week.  (:~] 


On with my story.... 

Once upon a time,
There was a beautiful Queen
and she loved to go to large home improvement stores 
and purchase Cheap paint that others would return
then once she was finished there she would go to yard sales and
purchase large bolts of fabric for pennies.
So one day the Queen decided to make a classroom for her princes & princesses.
In hopes that it would keep them focused and be a little more organized. 



I started by emptying everything out of the room.
I then pulled out our paint cans... 
I thought the Purple and Green would be a great lively classroom colors.
Prince Tater Bug thought the yellow stripes would be a wonderful addition.
And to work we went....


Paint (2) gallon cans $5.oo each

Princess Turtle Run worked on curtains. 
She did a wonderful job working the sewing machine.


Fabric- Yard Sale.... $2.oo for 40 yards.

Then we found some shelves and 
used some of the extra paint on them as well.
I really had no hope for these shelves.
But I need something to put books on
and need to do it as cheap as possible.


Shelves.... Free with the purchase of the house

Turtle Run did a wonderful job on the curtains and the 
shelves turned out so much better then I expected.




Our Room is ready for Learning!

I have a couple things that I want to add to the room such as a storage box covered in padding and fabric to match the room..... But that will be a few weeks away.

Until Next Time,

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment